Foundations of Risk Management
This area focuses on foundational concepts of risk management and how risk management can add value to an organization.
The broad knowledge points covered include the following:
• Basic risk types, measurement and management tools
• Creating value with risk management
• The role of risk management in corporate governance
• Enterprise Risk Management (ERM)
• Financial disasters and risk management failures
• The Capital Asset Pricing Model (CAPM)
• Risk-adjusted performance measurement
• Multifactor models
• Data aggregation and risk reporting
• Ethics and the GARP Code of Conduct
What Will You Learn
At the end of the workshop, participants should be able to understand:
• The different risk types, and how risks can arise in an organization.
• Various financial disasters from the past with a particular focus on the recent global financial crisis.
• Interpreting financial failures and the role that risk management may, or may not, have played in them.
• The capital asset pricing model (CAPM), one of the foundational developments in risk-adjusted pricing and valuation.
• Why must ethical standards upheld in the risk management profession.
Workshop Duration: 2 Days