Anger and Stress Management
We have all experienced stress and anger at some point during our day to day life. It can be brought on by a myriad of reasons whether it is in the workplace or in our personal life. In the workplace employees at all levels can feel stressed out, anxious, and misunderstood. In our personal life the stresses can be even greater due to finances, family and responsibility. Anger is a powerful emotion. If not managed appropriately, it may have destructive results for you, your colleges and your loved ones costing people their jobs, personal relationships, and even their lives when it gets out of hand. Uncontrolled anger can lead to arguments, physical fights, physical abuse, assault and self-harm.
There are two types of stress positive and negative, the key is to maximise the positive stress and to minimise the negative stress. In contrast well managed anger can be a useful emotion that motivates you to make positive changes.
Managing Anger & Stress to Stay Focused at Workplace
This workshop will concentrate on how you deal with stress and anger, help you identify the triggers of anger and stress and empower you with the insight, tools and techniques on how to manage anger and stress to your benefit and good health.
By the end of this workshop, delegates will be able to:
- Identify the best approach to a stressful situation (Alter, Avoid, or Accept).
- Understand what lifestyle elements you can change to reduce stress.
- How to use environmental and physical relaxation techniques.
- Understand anger dynamics.
- Understand the myths of anger.
- Know techniques in controlling anger.
- See differences between objective and subjective language.
- Know tips in identifying the problem.
- Express a feeling or position using I-messages.
- How to making a disagreement constructive.
- Understand hot buttons and personal anger dynamics.
- Understand the alter, avoid and accept response to anger.
This workshop combines interactive learning methods with real life business scenarios to bring out the full implications of the concepts in accounting and finance, along with hands-on exercises, class discussions, simulations and tests of understanding.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
Those who would like to understand anger and stress better so as to manage them to lead happier and more meaningful lives.
Module 1: Understanding Stress
Module 2: Adjust, Avoid Accept
Module 3: It’s All About You
Module 4: Environmental Relaxation Techniques
Module 5: Techniques to Relax Your Body
Module 6: The Nature of Anger
Module 7: Controlling Anger
Module 8: Separate the People from the Problem
Module 9: Working the Problem Together
Module 10: Solving the Problem Together
Module 11: Dealing with Your Anger