Process of Discovery & Knowledge Generation.
The Master of Business Administration is a postgraduate programme that blends academic and professional knowledge, where learners are exposed to cutting-edge research and process of discovery and knowledge generation. The programme offers an international perspective for professionals to engage effectively in a global environment, as well as networking opportunities.
KDU MBA is offered in collaboration with the Institute of Enterprise Risk Practitioners (IERP®), the MBA is a postgraduate qualification that focuses on Enterprise Risk Management.
Risk occurs in all areas of day-to-day life but its effective management is increasingly important in the complex, fast-paced world of business. Risk management is a key business discipline. It supports the requirements of corporate governance, enhances corporate strategy, and adds significant value to any organisation’s performance. A good risk manager reduces the negative impact of risks, while identifying and maximising any potential opportunities that arises.
The affiliation with the IERP® ensures that the Enterprise Risk Management specialism curriculum focuses on practical and holistic aspects of enterprise risk management. The MBA also offers graduates exemptions from the IERP®’s Enterprise Risk Manager Professional Certification for all relevant subjects undertaken during the programme, as well as participation as a student/associate member at the IERP at a nominal fee.
This programme is best suited to undergraduate students wishing to pursue higher education or work practitioners wanting to enhance their qualification or knowledge.
Graduates will be well prepared for any professional positions in any organisation / industry nationally, regionally, or internationally.
- What are the entry requirements?
A Bachelor’s Degree – completed with a minimum of CGPA of 2.50* or equivalent
*If CGPA less than 2.50, 5 years working experience in relevant field is required (submit to School for evaluation).
- What is the duration of the programme?
3 intakes in a year: January, May and September
Part time: 2 years*
Full time: 1 year 4 months*
* to follow study plan set by the School
- When and where are the classes held?
Classes are held in the evenings and weekends (Saturday) at KDU University College, Glenmarie campus
- How am I assessed?
Core, Specialisation and Electives – most of the modules are assessed by mixture of assignments (60-70%) and final examinations (30-40%). Only a few modules are assessed by course works (100%).
Research Methodology – mixture of assignments, proposal defence and research proposal
MBA Research Project & Dissertation – viva (30%) and written project paper (70%)
- What is Enterprise Risk Management (ERM)?
ERM program will equip students with the practical tools to be able to successfully guide their business strategically and operationally as well as to effectively implement enterprise risk management in any organizations. It supports the requirements of corporate governance, enhances corporate strategy, and adds significant value to any organizations.
- Who are the instructors of the programme?
KDU lecturers and IERP® instructors
- What are the advantages?
- The affiliation with Institute of Enterprise Risk Practitioners (IERP®) ensures that the programme focuses on practical and holistic aspects of enterprise risk management.
- Engage with ERM practitioners from various industries.
- Offers graduates exemptions*(six modules) from the IERP® Enterprise Risk Manager Professional Certification (eleven modules).
- Enjoy 60% discounts on ERM certification program fees and only need to attend the remaining five modules.
- Enjoy the benefits of IERP® Membership as a student member (complimentary for the first year).
- Enjoy the career job postings benefit provided by IERP®.
*Candidates are to take subjects under ERM specialisation and 1 Elective – Enterprise Governance
- I have done my IERP certification, am I eligible for any exemptions?
No, you will have to go through all the subjects under the programme.
- I have a Masters or completed my masters partially, am I eligible for any exemptions?
No, you will have to go through all the subjects under the programme.
- What are the benefits as a student member in IERP® Membership?
- Copy of quarterly publications including regular articles into industry and topic focused categories in ERM (expected to be launched in 2017).
- Participation in online forums where the members exchange ideas and stay informed on industry trends and issues.
- Networking opportunities through social events organized by IERP®.
- Knowledge sharing and networking opportunities through regularly scheduled tea talks.
- 30% discount on trainings and conference organized by the IERP®. This excludes the ERM certification program.
- Discounts on trainings and conference endorsed / supported by the IERP®.
- Who are the IERP® Instructors?
Specialisation subjects are taught by IERP® instructors. Below are profiles of some of the instructors.
- Ramesh Pillai
Ramesh Pillai is the Chairman of the Board of Governors of the International Institute of Enterprise Risk Practitioners (IERP) as well as being the Group Managing Director of Friday Concepts, an International ERM (Conventional and Islamic), BCM, Governance, Risk Management and Compliance boutique consultancy. He is currently a Director of two leading Financial Institution and one Developmental Financial Institution where his experience has encompassed chairing the Board Risk Management Committee and Board Audit Committee, and being a member of the Board Collaboration Committee, Investment Committee, and Remuneration Committee. Ramesh holds a Bachelor of Economics with Accountancy (Honours) degree from Loughborough University in the UK. As part of his degree course, Ramesh specialised in Economics and Banking in general and Islamic Banking in particular.
- Allan Sum Wai-Keei
Allan Sum is currently the Chief Risk Officer for Bintai Kinden Corporation Berhad (BKCB). In 2014, he has been tasked by the Board to initiate and spearhead a 5-year Strategic Transformation Program, including establishing and institutionalize risk management across all levels. He is responsible for developing, implementing and establishing the strategy planning and enterprise risk management function.Allan holds a Bachelor of Health Sciences from University of Sydney and an MBA from University of South Australia. He is a Certified Enterprise Risk Manager from the Institute of Enterprise Risk Practitioners.
- Jeannie Koh
Jeannie is a Risk Manager with Digi Telecommunications SdnBerhad since 2009. She has the responsibility to oversight the practice of risk management across the organization. The role supports executive management, board of directors and audit committee on risk management matters in addition to providing guidance, advisory and training on risk management related topics across the business. Her role also involves working with Telenor (parent company) and other subsidiaries within the group. She holds a Bachelor of Business (Management) degree from Monash University (Melbourne), Australia.
- What are the professional positions that required a graduate with ERM?
- General Manager
- Chief Executive Officer
- Executive Director
- Chief Risk Officer
- Head of Risk Management
- Risk Management Executive
- Senior Manager, Corporate Planning
- Head of Corporate Risk Department
- Chief Financial officer
- Senior Executive, Risk Management Unit
- Senior Vice President, Group Risk Management
- Chief Internal Auditor
- Any fields that requires ERM
- Where the IERP® alumni are from?
- UMW Corporation
- MMC Corporation
- Felda Global Ventures
- YTL Corporation
- Bank Negara Malaysia
- Bursa Malaysia
- RAM Rating
DURATION: 1 year 4 months (Full Time) / 2 years (Part-Time)
PROGRAMME LOCATION: KDU University College, Utropolis Glenmarie, Shah Alam
- Accounting & Finance for Manager
- Business Economics
- Human Resource Management
- Marketing Management
- Strategic Management
- Research Methodology
- MBA Research Project & Dissertation
- Business Ethics
- Organisational Behaviour
- Enterprise Governance*
- Tax Planing
* IERP exemption
ENTERPRISE RISK MANAGEMENT
- Business Continuity Management
- Implementation of Enterprise Risk Management and Key Risk Indicators
- Investment Risk Management
- Market, Credit and Operation Risk
- Risk Control, Self Assessment and Internal Control Model
FEES & INTAKES
2017 INTAKE DATES: 9 Jan, 11 May,4 Sep
- RM32,500 (MALAYSIAN STUDENT), RM37,000 (INTERNATIONAL STUDENT)
*Terms and Conditions Apply
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION: Bachelor Degree
MINIMUM ENTRY REQUIREMENT:
Completed with a minimum CGPA of 2.50 or its equivalent qualifications.
Candidates without a min. CGPA of 2.5 can be accepted with a min. of 5 years working experience in the relevant field.
Local Student: Credit (SPM / 1119 / UEC / O Levels examination), Min. score of Band 4 in MUET
International Student: Band 5.5 in IELTS; or a score of 196 (computer-based) or 69 (internet-based) or 525 (paper-based) in TOEFL
*If English language requirements are not fulfilled, additional English module(s) may be taken at KDU University College.