The Financial Risk Manager (FRM®) is the premier designation for professionals who manage risk. It is internationally recognised, locally applicable certification programme offered by the Global Association of Risk Professionals (GARP).
To become a Certified Financial Risk Manager, candidates have to go through GARP FRM Certification process, and before taking the FRM examination, we recommend candidates to consider taking the GARP FRM – Financial Risk Manager Certification Examination Review Workshop with KMDC, in order to be better prepared for the FRM examination.
As a result of increasing regulations, Malaysia will see risk professionals in high demand, according to recruiting experts Hays. Candidates who are able to reduce financial institutions’ exposure to risk will stand out as employers step up their efforts to ensure they adhere to regulatory requirements.
FINANCIAL RISK MANAGER (FRM®) CERTIFICATION
Risk and compliance will be two hot areas where fierce competition will take place for the right candidates,’ says Tom Osborne, Regional Director of Hays in Malaysia.
As regulators introduce new rules and regulations for fintech firms, we will see greater demand for risk managers and compliance professionals to ensure adherence to new guidelines.
GARP FRM – Financial Risk Manager Certification Examination Review Workshop offered by KMDC, which is a examination preparatory programme, will help you in better preparation for FRM Level 1 and Level 2 examination and achieving your goal in becoming a Certified Financial Risk Manager.
WHAT IS FINANCIAL RISK MANAGER (FRM®)?
The Financial Risk Manager (FRM®) certification is the premier designation for professionals who manage risk. FRM® is the internationally recognised and locally applicable certification program offered by the Global Association of Risk Professionals (GARP). It is the world’s most highly respected, widely recognized certification for financial risk management. FRM® certification sets you apart in the global marketplace and helps you move ahead.
To be awarded the FRM® designation, candidates must complete a challenging two-part, practice-oriented examination which assesses a candidate’s ability to manage and measure the most current real-world risk issues.
GARP FRM – WHO IS IT FOR?
The GARP FRM® certification is for those who have a keen interest on financial risk management. It has broad applicability in financial services, insurance, the public sector and academia. Candidates for the FRM® work in various industries, including:
- Investment banks
- Commercial banks
- Central banks
- Asset management firms
- Consulting firms
- Hedge funds
- Insurance firms
- Credit agencies
- Government/Regulatory agencies
Top 5 Reasons Why Risk Managers Around The World Choose The FRM®:
WHY FRM® CERTIFICATION? – Gain a Competitive Advantage
As the financial industry becomes increasingly competitive and concerned about managing risk, distinguish yourself and your ability to add value to an organization. Earning the FRM signals to employers that you are serious about risk management – you have had your knowledge validated against international professional standards. By joining the FRM community, you will become part of an elite group of skilled professionals sought after and employed by the leading financial institutions in the world.
The FRM® designation is the world’s most highly respected, widely recognised certification for financial risk management.
- Gain a competitive advantage by differentiating you from your peers. A strong understanding of strategic risk disciplines has become essential.
- Stand out to top employers by expanding your financial risk knowledge and skills, set yourself apart from your peers and make yourself more desirable for senior risk management jobs.
- Objectively benchmarks your knowledge of the major strategic disciplines or financial risk management: Market Risk · Credit Risk · Operational Risk · Risk Management in Investment Management.
- Gives you a holistic view and appreciation of the role risk management plays in an enterprise.
- Personal satisfaction and achievement in conquering an examination developed by the best risk management practitioners in the world.
- Provides an opportunity to join and network with an elite group of over 48,000 FRM®s across the globe. Become recognized globally as a professional in financial risk management. The FRM Program has seen dramatic growth in global acceptance and experienced a compound annual growth rate of 29% in total registrants in the last 8 years.
- Enhances your personal and professional opportunities within the world of finance. Boost your credibility and respect from employers, peers, and clients.
- Gratification of earning the only risk management certification recognised world-wide.
How the FRM® complements graduate degrees
|As the market becomes increasingly competitive, hiring managers are seeking applicants with advanced credentials. Recently, the National Recognition Information Centre for the United Kingdom (UK NARIC) benchmarked the Financial Risk Manager (FRM) certification against several international qualification frameworks, and determined that the FRM is equivalent to a master’s degree in ten national education systems. This makes it an ideal qualification to submit to employers to demonstrate your advanced knowledge of risk.
Here are four ways in which the FRM certification compares to other postgraduate credentials:
HOW DO I BECOME A FRM®?
Recommended Entry Requirement: a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline. Those without a Bachelor’s Degree may also apply.
Register for the FRM® examination – 2 examinations per year, every May & November: Level 1 (Part I) (100 MCQs) & Level 2 (Part II) (80 MCQs). Candidates are recommended to attempt one part at a time.
Pass the examination – upon passing the FRM® Level I (Part I) examination, candidates have to pass FRM® Level II (Part II) examination within 4 years.
Experience and GARP Membership Requirement – candidates who successfully passed the examinations must demonstrate 2 years of professional full-time financial risk management work experience and maintain an active GARP membership in order to be certified as a Financial Risk Manager and be able to use the FRM® designation.
New Intake – TAKE ACTION NOW!
FRM Exam Review Workshop Open for Registration
To be better prepared, enrol for examination preparatory programme – i.e. GARP FRM – Financial Risk manager Certification Examination Review Workshop (recommended) offered by KMDC.
For more information, contact KMDC 03-5565 0793/0799, email: email@example.com, or submit the online Enquiry Form at the bottom of this page.
For FRM Examination Guide, visit GARP FRM website.
For information about the GARP FRM – Financial Risk Manager Certification Examination Review Workshop offered by KMDC, please read on.
GARP enables the risk community to make better informed risk decisions through “creating a culture of risk awareness®”. We do this by educating and informing at all levels, from those beginning their careers in risk, to those leading risk programs at the largest financial institutions across the globe, as well as the regulators that govern them.
GARP sets the global standard in professional certification with the FRM®(Financial Risk Manager) and ERP® (Energy Risk Professional) certifications. These programs are rigorous and very well respected across the globe. By demonstrating expertise and commitment to better risk management practices, Certified FRMs and ERPs stand apart in their respective organizations.
GARP FRM - Financial Risk Manager Certification Examination Review Workshop by KMDC
Preview of GARP FRM – Financial Risk Manager Certification Examination Review Workshop offered by KMDC
FRM Exam Level I
A 100 question multiple choice exam, the FRM Exam Level I focuses on the tools used to assess financial risk: quantitative analysis, fundamental risk management concepts, financial markets and products, and valuation and risk models. Level I is always offered in the morning and must be completed in four hours or less.
FRM Exam Level II
The FRM Exam Level II is an 80 question multiple choice exam, emphasizing the application of the tools acquired in Part I: market, credit, operational and integrated risk management, investment management as well as current market issues. Level II is always offered in the afternoon and must be completed in four hours or less.
Please note that if a candidate elects to take Level II on the same day as Level I, their Level II Exam will not be marked by GARP unless they first pass Level I.
Scoring & Results
There are no penalties for wrong answers. Passing scores are determined by the FRM Committee. Exam results are pass/fail and are emailed approximately six weeks after the exam. Candidates will receive quartile results comparing their performance to other candidates.
VALUATION & RISK MODELS (30%)
· Value-at-Risk (VaR)
· Expected shortfall (ES)
· Stress testing & scenario analysis
· Option Valuation
· Fixed income valuation
· Country & sovereign risk models & management
· External & internal credit ratings
· Expected & unexpected losses
· Operational risk
FOUNDATIONS IN RISK MANAGEMENT (20%)
· Basic risk types, measurements & management tools
· Creating value with risk management
· The role of risk management in corporate governance
· Enterprise Risk Management
· Financial disaster and risk management failures
· The Capital Asset Pricing Model (CAPM)
· Risk-adjusted performance measurement
· Multifactor models
· Data aggregation & risk reporting
· Ethics & the GARP Code of Conduct
QUANTITATIVE ANALYSIS (20%)
· Discrete & continuous probability distributions
· Estimating the parameters of distribution
· Population & sample statistics
· Bayesian analysis
· Statistical inference & hypothesis testing
· Estimating correlation & volatility using EWMA & GARCH models
· Volatility term structures
· Linear regression with single & multiple regressors
· Time series analysis & forecasting
· Simulation methods
FINANCIAL MARKETS & PRODUCTS (30%)
· Structure & functions of financial institutions
· Structure & mechanics of OTC & exchange markets
· Structure, mechanics, & valuation of forwards, futures, swaps, and options
· Hedging with derivatives
· Interest rates & measures of interest rate sensitivity
· Foreign exchange risk
· Corporate bonds
· Mortgage-backed securities
MARKET RISK MEASUREMENT & MANAGEMENT (25%)
CREDIT RISK MEASUREMENT & MANAGEMENT (25%)
OPERATIONAL & INTEGRATED RISK MANAGEMENT (25%)
· Principles for sound operational risk management
· Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) & enterprise-wide risk governance
· IT infrastructure & data quality
· Internal & external operational loss data
· Methods of determining operational risk capital
· Model risk & model validation
· Extreme value theory (EVT)
· Risk-adjusted return on capital (RAROC)
· Economic capital frameworks & capital planning
· Liquidity risk measurement & management
· Failure mechanics of dealer banks
· Stress testing banks
· Third-party outsourcing risk
· Regulation & the Basel Accords
RISK MANAGEMENT & INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT (15%)
FRM® Enrolment & Examination Fees (payable to GARP)
New Candidate – FRM® Exam Level I
Early* USD $750 (Enrolment: USD$400, Exam: USD$350)
Standard* USD $875 (Enrolment: USD$400, Exam: USD$475)
Late* USD$1050 (Enrolment: USD$400, Exam: USD$650)
Returning Candidate – FRM® Exam Level I / Level II
Early* USD $350 (Enrolment: USD$0, Exam: USD$350)
Standard* USD 475 (Enrolment: USD$0, Exam: USD$475)
Late* USD 650 (Enrolment: USD$0, Exam: USD$650)
* Please check at www.garp.org for the latest fees & application deadlines
FRM® Examination Review Workshop Fee (payable to KMDC)
GARP FRM – Financial Risk Manager Certification Examination Review Workshop offered by KMDC:-
Application Fee (for new learning members only): RM 318**
FRM Examination Review Workshop Fee:
Level I RM 5500** (Early Bird RM4500)
Level II RM 6500** (Early Bird RM5500)
- ** All fees inclusive of 0% GST
- Early Bird Promotion available
- 72 – 80 contact hours
- Inclusive of course notes & mock examination papers
- Classes will be conducted at KDU University College Utropolis Campus on weekends
- Fees may vary every intake
- Excludes financial calculator
Download 2018 Fee Schedule – GARP FRM – Financial Risk Manager Certification Examination Review Workshop offered by KMDC :-
GARP FRM – Financial Risk Manager Certification Examination Review Workshop – 2018 Intakes
The 2018 GARP FRM – Financial Risk Manager Certification Examination Review Workshop Level 1 & Level II new intakes are confirmed – the Semester 1 FRM class has commenced on March 24 (Level I), while Semester 2 will commence from September 8 (Level I) and September 16 (Level II). All classes are conducted on weekends, 9am-5pm, venue: KDU Glenmarie Campus, Shah Alam.
Take Action Now! Call 03 5565 0793/0798. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click below to Download Form, Timetable and Fee Schedule:-
When is your next FRM Exam Review Course Intake?
Our next GARP FRM – Financial Risk Manager Certification Examination Review Workshop will commence in March and September in 2018.
Semester 2 commencement date: September 16, 2018 (Download Semester 2 Timetable)
Is there a minimum eligibility requirement for the FRM exam?
No, there is no requirement for appearing in the FRM exam. However, in order to be FRM certified, candidates must:
- Upon passing FRM Level I, candidates must pass FRM Level II within 4 years.
- Demonstrate 2 years of professional full-time financial risk management work experience (within 5 years upon passing FRM Level II) and maintain an active GARP membership.
What is the format of the FRM exam?
Are study materials included in the price of the exam registration?
No, the study materials are not included in the price of the registration. However, GARP has prepared several materials in order to assist you in successfully preparing for the FRM Exams, including a number of materials that are offered free of charge.
A list of all study materials offered by GARP include the following:
- FRM Exam Level I Books (in print and/or digital)
- FRM Exam Level II Books (in print and/or digital)
- Practice Exams
- Learning Objectives
- Study Guide
- Changes to the Study Guide from the year prior
- Candidate Guide
- 15-Weekly Study Plan
For candidates that enrolled with KMDC for the GARP FRM – Financial Risk Manager Certification Examination Review Workshop Level I or Level II, each will also receive a set of comprehensive course notes & mock examination papers.
How many hours are required to prepare for the FRM Exam?
Candidates’ preparation times will vary based on their professional experience, academic background, and familiarity with the concepts tested on the curriculum. On average, individuals devoted approximately 240 hours to Exam preparation according to a survey conducted.
GARP FRM – Financial Risk Manager Certification Examination Review Workshop offered by KMDC will provide you with 80-hour (Level I) and 72-hour (Level II) of face-to-face contact.
When should I register and pay for the FRM exam?
If I fail the FRM Level I exam , do I have to re-sit the exam within a certain period of time?
No, there are no restrictions. When you re-register for FRM Exam Level I, you are required to pay the exam fee only.
For candidates that enrolled with KMDC for the GARP FRM – Financial Risk Manager Certification Examination Review Workshop, if want to repeat the same workshop, you only need to pay a small refresher course fee.
I have passed the FRM examinations but I do not have relevant work experience. How can I get certified?
Please note that upon passing FRM Level II examination, candidates will have a time frame of 5 years to demonstrate 2 years of professional full-time financial risk management work experience. In the meantime, GARP will issue a letter stating that the candidate has passed the FRM exam. The candidate will be considered as “FRM Holder” but not “Certified FRM Holder”.