Through the use of mathematical measurements and calculations, statistical modeling and research, quantitative analysis aims to understand and/or predict behavior/events in terms of a numerical value. It is used for measurement, performance evaluation or valuation of a financial instrument, and predicting real world events such as changes in a country’s gross domestic product (GDP) growth rate. The key advantage of quantitative analysis is that it involves studying precise, definitive values that can easily be compared with each other earnings.
Quantitative Analysis – 2-Day Workshop
This area tests a candidate’s knowledge of basic probability and statistics, regression and time series analysis, and various quantitative techniques useful in risk management. The broad knowledge points covered includes:
- Discrete and continuous probability distributions
- Estimating the parameters of distributions
- Population and sample statistics
- Bayesian analysis
- Statistical inference and hypothesis testing
- Estimating correlation and volatility using EWMA and GARCH models
- Volatility term structures
- Correlations and copulas
- Linear regression with single and multiple regressors
- Time series analysis and forecasting
- Simulation methods
At the end of the workshop, participants should be able to understand:
- The basic, fundamental concepts related to probability, statistics, probability distributions, Bayesian analysis, hypothesis testing, and confidence intervals.
- How regression analysis, an important statistical tool, used to investigate relationships between variables.
- The methods for analysing time series data in order to estimate statistics and extract other meaningful characteristics of the data.
- Volatility, correlation and copulas and how to use the EWMA model and the GARCH (1,1) model to estimate future covariance and volatilities.
- Simulation methods used in finance to value and analyze complex financial instruments and Portfolios.
Who should attend
Anyone with an interest, and/or role, in embedding and reviewing how financial risk is managed throughout an organization and in identifying, assessing and controlling risk at the strategic, programme, project and operational level within an organisation. This includes:
- Portfolio, programme and project management offices
- Programme managers and project managers
- Business Change Managements and Business Analysis
- Investment Managers, Investment Analysis and Business Case Developers
- Front-line managers, middle managers and strategic managers
Date, Time & Duration:
Intake 1 –
Date: Saturday, March 24 & 31, 2018 (2-day workshop), Time: 9:00am to 5:00pm
Intake 2 –
Date: Saturday, September 29 & Oct 6, 2018 (2-day workshop), Time: 9:00am to 5:00pm
KDU University College Utropolis Campus, Glenmarie,
Jalan Kontraktor U1/14, Seksyen U1, 40150 Shah Alam, Selangor.
Location map HERE GPS Coordinates: 3.092604, 101.559762
Fee (HRDF Claimable):
RM1484 nett per participant
Submit your form with proof of payment or company’s letter of undertaking to KMDC: email@example.com, Fax: 603 5565 0797.
KMDC’s Maybank Account Number: 514 196 326 142 (KDU Management Development Centre Sdn. Bhd.)
In-House Customised Workshop:
All our training programmes can be customised and offered as In-House Training Workshop. To inquire, call: 03- 5565 0793/0798 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Take Action NOW!Sign Up NOW! / Make An Enquiry