In the world of finance, risk management refers to the practice of identifying potential risks in advance, analysing them and taking precautionary steps to reduce/curb the risk.
When an entity makes an investment decision, it exposes itself to a number of financial risks. The quantum of such risks depends on the type of financial instrument. These financial risks might be in the form of high inflation, volatility in capital markets, recession, bankruptcy, etc.
So, in order to minimize and control the exposure of investment to such risks, fund managers and investors practice risk management. Not giving due importance to risk management while making investment decisions might wreak havoc on investment in times of financial turmoil in an economy. Different levels of risk come attached with different categories of asset classes.
Investment decision exposes itself to a number of financial risks
Foundations of Risk Management
(2-Day Public Workshop)
This area focuses on foundation concepts of risk management and how risk management can add value to an organization. The broad knowledge points covered include the following:
- Basic risk types, measurement and management tools
- Creating value with risk management
- The role of risk management in corporate governance
- Enterprise Risk Management (ERM)
- Financial disasters and risk management failures
- The Capital Asset Pricing Model (CAPM)
- Risk-adjusted performance measurement
- Multifactor models
- Data aggregation and risk reporting
- Ethics and the Code of Conduct
At the end of the workshop, participants should be able to understand:
- The different risk types, and how risks can arise in an organization.
- Various financial disasters from the past with a particular focus on the recent global financial crisis.
- Interpreting financial failures and the role that risk management may, or may not, have played in them.
- The capital asset pricing model (CAPM), one of the foundational developments in risk-adjusted pricing and valuation.
- Why must ethical standards upheld in the risk management profession.
Who should attend
Anyone with an interest, and/or role, in embedding and reviewing how financial risk is managed throughout an organization and in identifying, assessing and controlling risk at the strategic, programme, project and operational level within an organisation.
- Portfolio, programme and project management offices
- Programme managers and project managers
- Business Change Managements and Business Analysis
- Investment Managers, Investment Analysis and Business Case Developers
- Front-line managers, middle managers and strategic managers
Date, Time & Duration:
Saturday, September 8 & 15, 2018 (2-day workshop), Time: 9:00am to 5:00pm
KDU University College Utropolis Campus, Glenmarie,
Jalan Kontraktor U1/14, Seksyen U1, 40150 Shah Alam, Selangor.
Location map HERE GPS Coordinates: 3.092604, 101.559762
Fee (HRDF Claimable):
RM1400 nett per participant
Submit your form with proof of payment or company’s letter of undertaking to KMDC: firstname.lastname@example.org, Fax: 603 5565 0797.
KMDC’s RHB Bank Account Number: 212 349 000 543 53 (KDU Management Development Centre Sdn. Bhd.)
In-House Customised Workshop:
All our training programmes can be customised and offered as In-House Training Workshop. To inquire, call: 03- 5565 0793/0798 or email: email@example.com
Take Action NOW!Sign Up NOW! / Make An Enquiry