A financial market is where traders trade financial securities, commodities, and value at low transaction costs and at prices that reflect supply and demand. Financial “products” are contracts that can be negotiated on capital markets. Securities include stocks and bonds, and commodities include precious metals or agricultural products.
Financial Markets and Products – 2-Day Workshop
This area tests your knowledge of financial products and the markets in which they trade, more specifically, the following knowledge areas:
- Structures and functions of financial institutions
- Structure and mechanics of OTC and exchange markets
- Structure, mechanics, and valuation of forwards, futures, swaps, and options
- Hedging with derivatives
- Interest rates and measures of interest rate sensitivity
- Foreign exchange risk
- Corporate bonds
- Mortgage-backed securities
At the end of the workshop, participants should be able to understand:
- The structure of commercial and investment banking, the way banks are regulated, the nature of risks facing them, and the role of capital in providing cushion against losses.
- How financial derivatives play a key role in risk.
- The structures and operations of central counterparties (CCPs).
- Important classes of fixed income securities
Who should attend
Anyone with an interest, and/or role, in embedding and reviewing how financial risk is managed throughout an organization and in identifying, assessing and controlling risk at the strategic, programme, project and operational level within an organisation. This includes:
- Portfolio, programme and project management offices
- Programme managers and project managers
- Business Change Managements and Business Analysis
- Investment Managers, Investment Analysis and Business Case Developers
- Front-line managers, middle managers and strategic managers
Date, Time & Duration:
Intake 1 –
Date: April 15 & 22, 2018 (2-day workshop), Time: 9:00am to 5:00pm
Intake 2 –
Date: Saturday, October 13 & 20, 2018 (2-day workshop), Time: 9:00am to 5:00pm
KDU University College Utropolis Campus, Glenmarie,
Jalan Kontraktor U1/14, Seksyen U1, 40150 Shah Alam, Selangor.
Location map HERE GPS Coordinates: 3.092604, 101.559762
Fee (HRDF Claimable):
RM1484 nett per participant
Submit your form with proof of payment or company’s letter of undertaking to KMDC: email@example.com, Fax: 603 5565 0797.
KMDC’s RHB Bank Account Number: 212 349 000 543 53 (KDU Management Development Centre Sdn. Bhd.)
In-House Customised Workshop:
All our training programmes can be customised and offered as In-House Training Workshop. To inquire, call: 03- 5565 0793/0798 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Take Action NOW!Sign Up NOW! / Make An Enquiry