In today’s dynamic business environment, it is often that divisional managers have been given the authorities to make decision related to financial issues. There is a need for all business entities or division head to attend this Finance for Non-Financial Professionals Workshop to grasp a fundamental understanding as well as equip with financial management skills and knowledge to become a truly all-rounded managers and a better decision maker.
Grasp a fundamental understanding & equip with financial management skills and knowledge
Finance for Non-Financial Professionals
(1-Day Public Workshop)
This Finance for Non-Financial Professionals workshop is specifically designed for professionals, managers and executives to help reinforce their understanding of key accounting and finance principles that are a part of everyday business and to raise their level of financial awareness. The workshop will be delivered in an easy-to-understand manner using case studies and practical illustrations. Participants will learn how to read and interpret financial statements, assess the viabilities of new business opportunities, as well as appreciate how shareholders values can be created. In addition, the trainer will equip the participants with working knowledge of pricing and costing, as well as how accounting information can be used for effective management control and motivate performance.
By the end of this Finance for Non-Financial Professionals workshop, delegates will be able to:
- Familiarization of accounting jargons
- Become familiar with the different types of financial reports, cash flow, and investment analyses
- Learn to adeptly read and assess financial statements
- Understand how the numbers are generated, how they can be manipulated, and which ones to rely on for making informed decisions
- Understand the core financial tools used to evaluate business opportunities and assess financial risks
- Appreciate how funding decisions can affect the performance of companies
- Learn key accounting tools for making costing and managerial decisions
- Apply the principles of accounting in making marketing and pricing decisions
- Learn how to assess company or division performance by interpreting financial data intelligently
- Appreciate how the performance of the company could be improved by using strategic management approaches
Who Should Attend:
Professionals, managers and executives involved in business activities with financial implications. This workshop is not for Accounting or Finance specialists.
Session 1: Understanding and Analyzing Financial Statements
- Introduction to financial information and components in financial reports
- Understanding the concept CAPEX, Depreciation, amortisation, accrual and prepayment & its impact to financial reports
- Analysis of financial reports using various ratios
Session 2: Costing and Pricing
- Investment appraisal using various methods – Net Present Value & Payback Method
- Cash flow & working capital management
- Evaluation of investment return
Date, Time & Duration:
Date: Thursday, April 12, 2018 (1-day workshop), Time: 9:00am to 5:00pm
KDU University College Utropolis Campus, Glenmarie,
Jalan Kontraktor U1/14, Seksyen U1, 40150 Shah Alam, Selangor.
Location map HERE GPS Coordinates: 3.092604, 101.559762
Fee (HRDF Claimable):
RM954 per participant
- Group of 2+ & Early Bird Promotion* @RM848 per participant.
- Special Reward: Company that sponsored more than 5 participants to attend any of our workshops (can be different topics) before December 5, 2018, will be eligible for 5 complimentary seats – choose one of these 2 workshops: “Introduction to Digital Marketing” or “Personal Financial Management“. All free seats have to be utilised in 2018.
*Early Bird Promotion ends March 15, 2018
Submit your form with proof of payment or company’s letter of undertaking to KMDC: email@example.com, Fax: 603 5565 0797.
KMDC’s Maybank Account Number: 514 196 326 142 (KDU Management Development Centre Sdn. Bhd.)
In-House Customised Workshop:
All our training programmes can be customised and offered as In-House Training Workshop. To inquire, call: 03- 5565 0793/0798 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Take Action NOW!Sign Up NOW! / Make An Enquiry