Emotional intelligence (EQ) is the ability to identify, use, understand, and manage your own emotions in positive ways to relieve stress, communicate effectively, empathize with others, overcome challenges and defuse conflict. This ability also allows us to recognize and understand what others are experiencing emotionally. This recognition and understanding is, for the most part, a nonverbal process that informs thinking and influences how well you connect with others.
Why is emotional intelligence so important?
Develop social & emotional skills that will make your relationships more effective, fruitful and fulfilling
Emotion Intelligence & Relation Skills for Success at Workplace
(1-Day Public Workshop)
Working well with others is a process that begins with emotional awareness and your ability to recognize and understand what other people are experiencing. By the end of this Emotional Intelligence course, each participant will effectively develop additional social/emotional skills that will make your relationships more effective, fruitful and fulfilling.
- Discover that good relationships start with an awareness of self – strengths & weaknesses;
- Understand that people are the keys to your success – know how to relate & help them win
- To recognize the value of Emotional Intelligence (E.I.) at the workplace.
- To learn the four domains of E.I. and how it contributes to one’s success.
- To identify the key attributes of an emotionally competent person.
- To understand how emotions impact thinking and behaviours, and learn to manage them to your advantage.
- To develop self and social awareness to better manage self and others.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for everyone at all levels of interaction between staff, clients, colleagues and managers.
Connecting Emotional Intelligence to Success
- Definition and history of Emotional Intelligence
- Why it matters at the workplace
- Emotional Intelligence and Sun Tzu Art of War
- EQ and IQ: When do we need them?
Emotions – The Path to Realizing Your Potential
- Emotions and its misconceptions
- Emotions, thoughts and behaviours
- Emotional immaturity and its impact on work performance
Understanding the Four Domains of Emotional Intelligence
- The Emotional Intelligence framework for intrapersonal and interpersonal competence
- Identifying the competencies in each domain
- Impact of Emotional Intelligence on business relationships
- Attributes of emotionally intelligent people
- The 5 Love Languages: Personalizing your approach with people for maximum impact
- Making Deposits & Withdrawals in relationships: Emotional Bank Account
Emotional Intelligence and You
- Recognizing your current state and how they come about
- Self-imposed limitations and their impact on your success
- Recognizing and adopting EI-based value system
Results begin with a Healthy Self-Esteem & Strong Self Awareness
- Understanding self-esteem and how it contributes to our emotional well-being
- Self-esteem model and factors influencing our self-esteem
- Managing self successfully
- The Mirror Principle: Self awareness (Strengths, weaknesses)
Building Trust & Influence
- Importance of trust
- Techniques to build trust
Achievement Orientation for Overall Excellence
- Life messages
- The need for self-motivation
- The power of optimism
Date, Time & Duration:
Date: TBA (1-day workshop), Time: 9:00am to 5:00pm
KDU University College Utropolis Campus, Glenmarie,
Jalan Kontraktor U1/14, Seksyen U1, 40150 Shah Alam, Selangor.
Location map HERE GPS Coordinates: 3.092604, 101.559762
Fee (HRDF Claimable):
RM900 per participant
- Group of 2+ & Early Bird Promotion* @RM800 per participant.
- Special Reward: Company that sponsored more than 5 participants to attend any of our workshops (can be different topics) before December 5, 2018, will be eligible for 5 complimentary seats – choose one of these 2 workshops: “Introduction to Digital Marketing” or “Personal Financial Management“. All free seats have to be utilised in 2018.
*Early Bird Promotion ends August 31, 2018
Submit your form with proof of payment or company’s letter of undertaking to KMDC: email@example.com, Fax: 603 5565 0797.
KMDC’s RHB Bank Account Number: 212 349 000 543 53 (KDU Management Development Centre Sdn. Bhd.)
In-House Customised Workshop:
All our training programmes can be customised and offered as In-House Training Workshop. To inquire, call: 03- 5565 0793/0798 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Take Action NOW!Sign Up NOW! / Make An Enquiry