People bring different ideas, goals, values, beliefs and needs to their teams or workplace and these differences are a primary strength of teams. These same differences, however, inevitably lead to conflict, even if the level of conflict is low. Since conflict is inevitable, one of the ways in which leaders, managers and supervisors can help staff to improve their abilities to function on multidisciplinary teams is to work with them to develop their understanding of conflict and their capabilities to manage and resolve conflict. This Conflict Management workshop is designed to help leaders to cultivate that skill.
Differences Lead to Conflict
(1-Day Public Workshop)
At the end of the Conflict Management workshop, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate understanding on causes of conflicts
- Develop effective techniques in conflict management
- Select the right model for conflict management
- Cultivate the ability to understand concepts and identify areas of conflicts
- Develop interpersonal skills
- Adopt the right tactics in seeking conflict resolution
- Use conflict assessment tools
- Manage anger
- Become an effective team player
Leaders, Managers, Supervisors and All those who work in teams.
This Conflict Management workshop will be conducted in a participative and interactive way. Participants will be given opportunities to share their ideas while being coached by the facilitator for improvement and enhancement of techniques. Participants will also have the opportunity to correct their own mistakes by watching videos of themselves in action.
Session 1: What is Conflict and Conflict Management
This session will help participants understand how conflicts arise and why conflict management is necessary
- Cause of conflicts
- Positions and Interests
- Negative energy of conflicts
- Positive energy of conflicts
- Functional and dysfunctional teams
Session 2: Modes To Use In Conflict Management
This session is designed to make participants understand and adopt certain approaches and techniques in resolving conflicts.
Session 3: Essential Skills in Conflict Management
This session will hone the essential skills of participants in conflict management. The focus is to develop and cultivate participants’ Conceptual Skills and Interpersonal Skills.
- Conceptual skills – understanding the issues at hand and reasons for conflicts
- Interpersonal Skills – how to listen accurately and question effectively
Session 4: Abilities and Tactics For Conflict Management
This session will develop the abilities of participants to resolve conflicts and adopt appropriate tactics in seeking a conflict resolution.
- Ability to listen
- Ability to distinguish between interests and positions
- Ability to elicit interests from others
- Ability to convey cooperative expectations
- Ability to model cooperative behaviors
- Ability to state and explain one’s own needs and expectations
- Ability to be open to creative solutions
- Listen in order to defuse emotion
- Listen for facts
- Paraphrase and validate emotions
- Paraphrase substantive content
- Ask “How” and “What” questions
- Make “I” statements
- Know one’s own BATNA
- State needs clearly
Session 5: Conflict Assessment Tools
This session will introduce to participants assessment tools that will help to analyze a conflict. Based on analysis, participants can make a more informed choice when responding to a conflict. Participants will do work on 4 assessment tools introduced here.
- Wilmot-Hocker assessment guide
- Conflict Map
- Metaphor Analysis
- Typology of Conflict
Session 6: Anger Management
The element of anger is present in most conflict management situations. This session is designed to introduce techniques in managing anger in ourselves and in the group.
- Recognising signs of anger
- Why are we angry
- Anger and relationship
- Anger Management Tips
Session 7: The Better You
This session will cultivate the best characteristics in participants to become a more effective and efficient professional.
- Do you know who you are?
- The JOHARI Windows
- How do you see yourself?
- Managing yourself : Self Talk
- Managing Self Anger
- Staying Calm, Staying Successful
Session 8: Putting It All Together
This session will review all ideas shared and taught. Participants will reinforce their learning through their action plans.
Date, Time & Duration:
Date: Tuesday, July 3, 2018 (1-day workshop), Time: 9:00am to 5:00pm
KDU University College Utropolis Campus, Glenmarie,
Jalan Kontraktor U1/14, Seksyen U1, 40150 Shah Alam, Selangor.
Location map HERE GPS Coordinates: 3.092604, 101.559762
Fee (HRDF Claimable):
RM900 per participant
- Group of 2+ & Early Bird Promotion* @RM800 per participant.
- Special Reward: Company that sponsored more than 5 participants to attend any of our workshops (can be different topics) before December 5, 2018, will be eligible for 5 complimentary seats – choose one of these 2 workshops: “Introduction to Digital Marketing” or “Personal Financial Management“. All free seats have to be utilised in 2018.
*Early Bird Promotion ends June 15, 2018
Submit your form with proof of payment or company’s letter of undertaking to KMDC: firstname.lastname@example.org, Fax: 603 5565 0797.
KMDC’s RHB Bank Account Number: 212 349 000 543 53 (KDU Management Development Centre Sdn. Bhd.)
In-House Customised Workshop:
All our training programmes can be customised and offered as In-House Training Workshop. To inquire, call: 03- 5565 0793/0798 or email: email@example.com
Take Action NOW!Sign Up NOW! / Make An Enquiry