This Coaching and Mentoring workshop is designed to develop the role of managers (team leaders) as coaches, counsellors and effective motivators. This training goes beyond traditional management skills to teach team leaders to tap the potential, wisdom and rich experience which resides in every workforce and, likewise, to ensure that team members are receiving the full benefit of their leader’s insight and experience.
The techniques of coaching and mentoring provide the emotional nourishment and energy needed to transform team members and carry forward the best traditions the company. An entire value system is communicated throughout an organization by those who mentor others. This is the same way values and ethics are shared in a family – by work and deed. Mentoring is an effective vehicle for driving your strategy and gaining a competitive edge.
Provide emotional nourishment & energy needed to transform team
Coaching and Mentoring
(1-Day Public Workshop)
At the end of this workshop, delegates will be able to:
- Increase their self reliance
- Optimize resources
- Guide, coach and mentor team members
- Release the potential of others
- Create a talent pool
- Increase productivity
- Increase profitability
Who Should Attend:
- Team Leaders
- Those who would like to learn how to coach and mentor team members
Session 1: Creating the Future
- Recognizing the critical need for mentors
- Assessing one’s mentoring skills and planning for improvement
- Identifying one’s mentoring style and the necessary style modifications for greater mentoring effectiveness
Session 2: Coaching vs Mentoring
- Role and Responsibilities of a Coach
- Role and Responsibilities of a Coachee
- Role and Responsibilities of a Mentor
- Role and Responsibilities of Mentee
Session 3: Establishing a Climate of Trust, Credibility, and Rapport
- Identifying the gateways and opportunities for creating trust and openness through listening to understand
- Developing critical listening skills for attaining another person’s perspective/point-of-view
- Mastering a human-relationship or communication strategy for creating a “privileged relationship”
Session 4: Planning for Performance Improvement
- Mastering a performance-improvement strategy for developing those you are mentoring
- Determining the critical knowledge, skills, and attributes for performance enhancement
- Creating a performance-improvement planning system for the development of individual business professionals
Session 5: Counseling for Individual Effectiveness
- Where we now? Where do we want to go?
- What skills do team members lack?
- Recognizing the importance of counseling in the performance-improvement process
- Setting the scene for effective counseling efforts
- Planning and activating the mentoring strategies that overcome the barriers to effective performance
Session 6: Influence, Inspire, Initiate
- Embracing the positive attributes that build an effective mentoring relationship
- Integrating the knowledge, skills, and attributes that are vital to mentoring effectiveness
- Making the commitment to develop your team members for greater individual performance
Session 7: Key Performance Indicators
- What are Key Performance Indicators (KPI)?
- SMART components and KPI
- Crafting KPI
Session 8: Putting It All Together
- Action Plan
Date, Time & Duration:
Thursday, November 1, 2018 (1-day workshop), Time: 9:00am to 5:00pm
KDU University College Utropolis Campus, Glenmarie,
Jalan Kontraktor U1/14, Seksyen U1, 40150 Shah Alam, Selangor.
Location map HERE GPS Coordinates: 3.092604, 101.559762
RM900 per participant
- Group of 2+ & Early Bird Promotion* @RM800 per pax.
- Special Reward: Company that sponsored more than 5 participants to attend any of our workshops (can be different topics) before December 5, 2018, will be eligible for 5 complimentary seats – choose one of these 2 workshops: “Introduction to Digital Marketing” or “Personal Financial Management“. All free seats have to be utilised in 2018.
*Early Bird Promotion ends 31 October, 2018.
Submit your form with proof of payment or company’s letter of undertaking to KMDC: email@example.com, Fax: 603 5565 0797.
KMDC’s RHB Bank Account Number: 212 349 000 543 53 (KDU Management Development Centre Sdn. Bhd.)
In-House Customised Workshop:
All our training programmes can be customised and offered as In-House Training Workshop. To inquire, call: 03- 5565 0793/0798 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Take Action NOW!Sign Up NOW! / Make An Enquiry